Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Bundren Vaction 2009 Day 6

It was quite the ordeal getting packed. We had to be out by 10. I showered at 8, left for ice and donuts while Candie was getting things ready. Once I got back and got my eat one it was loading up the van time. It took me three trips. Crazy. I can't wait until we can travel with out the pack and plays. We got checkout at 5 till 10. Crazy.

Before heading to the beach we to the outlets. Some damage was done there. Nike got most of our money. Everybody got some shoes. I am excited since I diverted from my normal kind of shoes and got a non runner and with a lot more color. Who is this guy? We also got the kids some chucks. I think they pretty much kick ass.

The place had a carter's and we were finally able to use the gift card that Aunt Carrie and Uncle Chris gave the twins.

Finally were were on the road. Cocoa Beach is only about 65 minutes from Orlando. We were on a toll road and paid about 5 bucks in 10 miles. Lots of little stops. We went across almost all of Ohio for that same price. Crazy.

When we got here Candie already wanted to stay an extra night and so we got the room for 2 nights. It is nice staying some where with all the shit we have for more than 1 night.

We went to a local place for lunch called coconuts on the beach. I have some fantastic mahi.

We headed out to the beach for the kids first ocean experience. There were unsure at first and sat down to play in the sand. I left the gang and went to see how warm the water was. Jake wasn't having any of it and came out to meet me. He was loving it right away. He really liked the waves. Both kids got beat around but liked it.

I picked Jake up and took him out to some bigger waves and ran him through those. He loved it but wanted to go further and when I put him down he tried to go on his own.

After Candie and I was beat from watching them in the ocean we went to play more in the sand. The kids did this for quite a while. Going back to the room we had to shower them off. They hated this. My favorite park was that Kenzie screamed her head off but when I was done with her, she walked back into the shower with Jake. WTF?

We then headed to the kiddie pool with the pirate ship. This is a pretty neat area. Some of the water was deeper and Jake was digging it big time. It had some slides and I took the kids up on it. Like about anything else they were very apprehensive at first but then didn't want to stop. Jake saw his first topless chick, a 7 year old foreign girl. Her little brother and dad were wearing banana hammocks. Classy!

No comments: